LYWA's mission is to provide a fun and competitive environment designed to introduce and foster the sport of wrestling. Wrestling instills discipline and helps kids build self-esteem, character, and sportsmanship while developing physical strength, endurance, balance and coordination. Lakeville Youth Wrestling Association is for all youth (grades PK-6), beginners or advanced alike, who are interested in this great sport.
LYWA was formed as a non-profit in 1996. The organization remains focused on building the sport of wrestling for all youth in Lakeville - new and experienced - providing them the basic fundamentals and advanced skills training to help them enjoy the sport, reap the physical and mental benefits it brings, and succeed at the middle- and high-school competitive levels.
The folkstyle wrestling season runs from mid-November through late March. Practices are held at Lakeville North High School wrestling room (Little Beginners) and Lakeville South High School (K-6) in the wrestling room.
LYWA participation fees are as follows:
INTRO TO WRESTLING PROGRAM:
• FREE per wrestler, 2 sessions
*This is limited to first-time wrestlers only.
FULL SEASON FOLKSTYLE PROGRAM and LITTLE BEGINNERS:
• $125 per wrestler
• $125 ea., first 2 wrestlers
• $65 for each additional wrestler after first 2
MIDDLE SCHOOL (6th-8th) POST SEASON PROGRAM
• Designed for the middle-school wrestler to extend their competitive practice season after M.S. season has ended, in preparation for Folkstyle state tournaments. There is no charge for Lakeville middle school wrestlers to join up with the youth program.
GRECO ROMAN/FREESTYLE PROGRAM:
• TBD. Will be published later in the season. Runs April through May.